Featured Project: West Los Angeles Campus of the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System – LEED GOLD
This project had two major aspects; 1) complete renovation of Building #209 and 2) seismic upgrades and miscellaneous FCAs (Field Condition Assessments) for an additional ten buildings, six of which were included in S&K Engineers’ Scope of Work. The total budget for the project is $150 million.
Building #209 is an historic 50,000 square foot building built in 1944. We provided complete MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing) and Fire Protection systems for the building. Included in this is a new redundant chilled water plant, coordination with on site infrastructure and upgrades where applicable, new power and power distribution, new fire alarm system, new plumbing systems, and a new fire sprinkler system.
The other buildings require seismic upgrades for existing MEP equipment and implementation of all recommended FCAs. FCAs include complete new Fire Alarm systems, complete new fire sprinkler systems, new air conditioning for data rooms, coordination with infrastructure, and other miscellaneous tasks.
- VA San Diego Medical Center – Seismic Renovation
- California Institute for Women Frontera Medical Clinic, Corona
- California Department of Corrections Medical Clinics, Multiple Locations in CA
- Glendale Memorial Hospital Chilled Water Connection Study, Glendale
- Loma Linda University Medical Center Neuroscience Lab, Loma Linda
- Loyola Marymount University Seaver Science Laboratories, Los Angeles
- Methodist Hospital of Southern California Prenatal Services Center, Arcadia
- Olive View-UCLA Medical Center, Sylmar
- Pacific Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Fresno
- Pomona Valley Hospital Hematology Laboratory, Pomona
- Desert Samaritan Hospital, Mesa AZ Ambulatory Surgery
- Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park Renovations
- VA Long Beach Variable Flow Chilled Water Pumping System
- Downey Community Hospital Cardiac Surgery
- Marriott Skilled Nursing Facility, San Juan Capistrano Providend St. Joseph Medical Center Pacific Medical Office Bldg.
- SoCal Clinilabs Central Laboratory, Pasadena