Featured Project: College of the Desert Student Services
This is a new two-story building consisting of approximately 45,000 square feet. The total project cost was approximately $25 million. The building includes new smart classrooms, office space, administration for student services, and a new bookstore.
The project was awarded a LEED GOLD Certification.
The mechanical system consists of one large air handling unit located on the roof. The unit uses fan wall technology to save space, energy, and enhance acoustical performance. Chilled and hot water are provided from a central plant. The air-handling unit serves a variable volume hot water reheat system.
A photovoltaic system is located on the roof of the building to supplement the primary electrical service and feed excess power back into the public grid. A central elongated skylight also makes very effective use of day-lighting. The building exterior has been designed with wall fins to provide window shading in this very hot climate.
- Classification: Higher Education
- Size: 45,000 SF
- Cost: $25M
- Firm Involvement: MEP Engineer
- COMPLETE ON SCHEDULE & WITHIN BUDGET
- Compton College Allied Health Building
- Cerritos College Math/Fine Arts Building
- El Camino College Applied Technology
- Antelope Valley College Health/Science Building
- City of San Francisco Batemale Chiller/Boiler and HVAC System Replacement
- Irvine Valley College Student Services AHU Replacement
- Riverside Community College District, Norco Campus – Maintenance & Operations Facility
- El Camino College Student Services Bldg.
- Cerritos College Liberal Arts Bldg.
- Antelope Valley College Student Center
- College of the Canyons Van Hook University Center
- College of the Canyons Aliso Hall Science Classrooms
- Riverside Community College District, Moreno Valley Campus Student Services Center
- LA Trade Tech College Theatre Addition